Sharjah Media City(SHAMS) Free Zone
Sharjah Media City(SHAMS) Free Zone is considered one of the most popular free zones in the United Arab Emirates. It is one of the recently established free zones in the nation. Since its inception in 2017, SHAMS has served as a nexus for business owners in media and arts. SHAMS has positioned the management of its free zone to support the expansion of media and creative companies.
SHAMS offers a complete environment for developing new media and creative businesses in the UAE. It has many other facilities, like its proximity to Dubai International Airport and Sharjah International Airport, which are close to the free zone.
Benefits of Setting Up a Company in SHAMS Free Zone
Easy Visa Processing
No Initial Deposit Requirements
100% foreign Ownership
Complete Capital Repatriation
One of the most affordable free zones
Strategically Positioned near Sharjah Airport and Dubai Airport
Easy Business Setup Procedure
Allows to Carry Out Multiple Business Activities with a Single License.
No Physical Presence Required
SHAMS regularly offers Workshops and Business Community Events for its Business Entities
Characteristics of Business Formation in SHAMS
- Sharjah Media City can be formed with a minimum of one Shareholder and a maximum of 50 shareholders.
- The shareholder may be a natural person or a legal organization.
- The firms in SHAMS LLC are subject to the norms and regulations of the free zone authority
- Sharjah media city LLC is exempt from filing annual audits
- Branch offices typically serve as an extension of their parent companies.
- There is no minimum capital requirement.
- No need for financial audit submission.
- There aren't any unique implementation guidelines or requirements for the branch office in SHAMS.
The Sharjah Media City Freezone intends to become a cutting-edge commercial center for the media sector. The free zone helps firms who want to start a branch in the United Arab Emirates.
SHAMS Free Zone Company Formation Types
Two structures are permissible in Sharjah Media City free zone. These include:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Branch Company
Types of SHAMS Free Zone Licenses
There are various types of trade licenses available in the Shams free zone. These include:
- Industrial license – SHAMS industrial license allows you to incorporate industrial or manufacturing-related businesses
- Trading license – SHAMS trade license grants you to take up trading activities and import and export business
- Service license – With this, you can carry on businesses that provide service as the solution. Like the delivery, cleaning, etc
- Holding license – This allows one to control, buy, and own shares of other companies
- Freelance permit – A SHAMS freelance license can help you start a freelance business out of your skill.
- E-commerce license – To start an online business, you must get a SHAMS e-commerce license.
Features of SHAMS Work Space
The following describes SHAMS facilities generally:
- Flexi-desk for sharing
- Dedicated desk
- A joint office
- Specialized office
Whether in the UAE or overseas, you may register your company online and complete it within a week.
Documents Required for Company Formation in Sharjah Media City(SHAMS)
Visa /Entry permit Copy
Director/Shareholder passport photos
Additional documents depending upon business activity
Certificate of Incorporation (For Branch)
Memorandum and Articles of Association (For Branch)
Valid License and Certificate of Good Standing (For Branch)
Sharjah Media City Business Setup Process
Choose the business activity that you wish to proceed with and also decide on the structure of your company.
The next step is to finalize the trade name of your business. You can choose up to 3 names to finalize one from it. While naming your business, certain norms should be followed. Please ensure that you abide by them.
Fill in all your personal, professional, and business details and submit it to the free zone authority with relevant documents.
You will receive a payment confirmation and a schedule for the license processing once you have paid the relevant payments.
Why Choose Gryffin Capitalist?
Gryffin Capitalist considered one of the best business advisors, has assisted several customers in the UAE and other Middle East locations. Starting a business in SHAMS is one of the wisest decisions an entrepreneur can make, and our company professionals can provide helpful guidance because they know the incorporation process. They make the utmost effort to comprehend your company and offer tailored solutions. Contact us immediately with any questions or concerns. we'd gladly help.
Strong belief in long-term client relationships
Competitive Market Pricing
Efficient and Transparent Process
What our clients say
Very Prompt Service
"Gryffin Capitalist has assisted us with the opening of an offshore bank account without much hassles. I have faced issues with other companies regarding the required documents and process"
Seamless company Incorporation process
"I contacted Gryffin Capitalist to incorporate my company in the British Virgin Islands. The consultants were proactive in explaining the process and getting necessary documents in a single go thereby avoiding any resubmission and saving a lot of time."
Great Service by the team
"The team at Gryffin capitalist was very helpful in my company incorporation in the UAE. After the sales, the operations team was proactive and followed up regularly to get the company registered."
Yes, if you have a visa, you can start a business in SHAMS
Yes, you can change your business activity even after incorporation.
No, physical presence is not mandatory.
It will not take more than 5- 7 business days.
No, it is not mandatory to submit annual financial audits.